Raw Nut and Flax Crackers
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts (soaked for one hour or so and then rinse ’em)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds (soaked and rinsed)
- 1 cup almonds (soaked and rinsed)
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed
- 1-to-2 teaspoons sea salt
1. Add all ingredients to food processor. Process well, until quite well blended but still chunky. 40 seconds or so.
2. Spread onto two dehydrator sheets. Use parchment paper or Teflex sheets. (For the love of God, never use waxed paper!)
3. Dehydrate for 1 hour at 115. After one hour score the crackers with a knife so that they’ll be easier to separate later. Dehydrate for another 6 hours at 105. After 6 hours flip crackers and remove parchment paper or Teflex sheets. Dehydrate for one more hour at 105 until dry and cracker-like!
Do not use a high-speed blender for this recipe. A food processor will work much better. Dehydrating times can vary wildly depending on the season, the humidity and your dehydrator. The best thing to do is hang out at home and check on them every couple of hours until you get the hang of making crackers. Try not to nibble too much on these raw flax crackers before they’re done!